We are living in exceptional circumstances at the moment, and first and foremost we need to protect the health both of our staff and of our clients–many of whom are vulnerable and have compromised immune systems.
The RI Department of Health has asked us to suspend HIV and hepatitis C testing at this time. If you have needs related to an STI, please contact a medical provider by phone or contact the RI STD Clinic at 401-793-4715. If you have general questions re: HIV or regarding APRI services, please call 401-831-5522 or send an email to email@example.com (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.). We’ll be happy to provide you information and resources.
APRI’s offices will be open with limited staff Monday and Friday 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for brief services such as pick-up of free safer sex supplies and related health information. We cannot guarantee that staff will be available at other times, so please call us if you have questions.
FOR CURRENT OR PROSPECTIVE APRI CLIENTS LIVING WITH HIV
Current and prospective clients who are living with HIV and need support services can call 401-744-4735 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.). Current clients who rely on us for services such as groceries, transit passes, and other things can continue to access those services. We are able to schedule appointments for pick-ups or drop-offs that minimize face to face contact. We are modifying other services as necessary.
To protect the safety of our clients and teams, we are taking the following measures:
• We have increased cleaning services and distributed supplies to staff to sterilize workspaces so that we can ensure our facilities are safe for clients and our teams.
• We are pre-screening clients to determine if they have symptoms of COVID-19; if they do, we are scheduling appointments for 14 days after the recommended quarantine period.
• We are implementing telehealth options so that we can continue to serve clients.
• We are rescheduling trainings, meetings, and other events to a later date or offering them through alternate formats.
• We are sharing COVID-19 information from RIDOH and the CDC, in English and Spanish, so that our clients have the information they need to make good decisions.
• We are coordinating closely with our many partners, to make sure that we are efficiently sharing information and resources that our clients critically need.
As a reminder, the RI Dept. of Health COVID-19 Info Line is 401-222-8022 (211 after hours) or see www.health.ri.gov.
If you are affected by COVID-19 and need to apply for TDI or unemployment insurance in RI, please see: www.dlt.ri.gov/pdfs/COVID-19%20Workplace%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf.
As always, please limit your time with other people in enclosed spaces, wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap, don’t hoard toilet paper, and be sure to check in with friends and family by phone. If you feel unwell, please call a medical provider. We all need to do our part to keep each other healthy. Together we can do it!
The team at APRI